Saturday, January 10, 2009

Where is Baby's Mommy?

Being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) isn't easy... and SAHM I am. After long days (and sometimes nights) of crying, messing, pooping, screaming, diapers, laundry, dishes, etc... I will admit to dreaming up places for Joe and I to trot off to on the weekend. Recently, I'm dreaming of flying to New York to see the Harlem Gospel Choir perform. Sometimes I dream a little bigger and wish I was doing mission work in Tankana. The variety of places I go in my mind is incredibly broad.

I found a book that really sums up how a SAHM can feel when she gets overwhelmed with the duty, and doody, of being Super Mom.

I present, "Where is Baby's Mommy?" by Karen Katz
Photobucket

It's a no-nonsense guide to hiding from your kids. According to Karen Katz, it's perfectly acceptable to do when times get tough.

I thought I was really spoiling myself with taking longer potty breaks... sitting there, alone (sometimes, if I'm lucky), in a quite room (again, if I'm lucky). This book really takes it to the next level. Mommy hides and the baby is looking all over the house for her.





It's no suprise where the baby ends up finding her... in bed and under the covers.


You know where to find me if you need me......

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive