Saturday, January 10, 2009
*neckless made by Little Painted Polka Dots
Something so amazing is happening in our extended family and I am so excited! My cousin, Clay, and his wife, Tracy, are adopting a son from Ethopia. I am so excited for them on so many levels.
First and foremost, I think it is incredible to witness a young, married couple with two children totally pour themselves into God's work. Clay has just become a deacon at his church after several years of teaching Sunday School to 10th-grade boys. He mentors them, spends time with them, invests himself in their lives. Tracy is teaching a group of girls... I'm not sure which grade. I just don't know how they do it with two little ones. Now, they are answering the call to bring in a child from across the globe.
Adoption has always been a part of the human experience. There can be no doubt of this, because the Bible uses the word to explain how by becoming a Christian, we become, by adoption, children of God.
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:8,9
Joe and I are going to have a little date night with Clay and Tracy in a few weeks. I love keeping up with the adoption process and imagining this child's face.
Check out their blog.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (31)
- representation of Joe
- Free Diet Dr. Pepper
- Catherine found the steps
- Godly Christian Panties
- Psalm 62:1-2
- I think I have INTGOOTFH Syndrome!
- Cornett Family Reunion 2010
- What a beautiful prayer!
- "The Freedom of Choice Act" tops Obama's To-Do Lis...
- water colors
- Catherine has a little tooth... and she is crawlin...
- What is it with 2-year-olds and photos?
- From Grandma's camera
- I've called in reinforcements.
- not feeling very Gouda 'bout this...
- a soft place to fall
- 5 hours of pure bliss!
- cooking up somethin'
- Free and DELICIOUS meat
- Days of the Week
- the kids
- Where is Baby's Mommy?
- Let brotherly love continue. Hebrews 13:1
- I love a good deal.
- What's This All About?
- Dear Lord, Please bail us out of here soon!
- Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa
- I've got the New Year Blues (in a sing-song voice!...
- ▼ January (29)