Saturday, January 10, 2009

adoption


*neckless made by Little Painted Polka Dots

Something so amazing is happening in our extended family and I am so excited! My cousin, Clay, and his wife, Tracy, are adopting a son from Ethopia. I am so excited for them on so many levels.

First and foremost, I think it is incredible to witness a young, married couple with two children totally pour themselves into God's work. Clay has just become a deacon at his church after several years of teaching Sunday School to 10th-grade boys. He mentors them, spends time with them, invests himself in their lives. Tracy is teaching a group of girls... I'm not sure which grade. I just don't know how they do it with two little ones. Now, they are answering the call to bring in a child from across the globe.

Adoption has always been a part of the human experience. There can be no doubt of this, because the Bible uses the word to explain how by becoming a Christian, we become, by adoption, children of God.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:8,9

Joe and I are going to have a little date night with Clay and Tracy in a few weeks. I love keeping up with the adoption process and imagining this child's face.

Check out their blog.
http://ourstoryforhisglory.blogspot.com/

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive