Wednesday, January 14, 2009
not feeling very Gouda 'bout this...
At the risk of sounding cheesy... and as a cheese lover of (almost) all kinds...I was devastated- and quite upset- to learn that I have been mispronouncing Gouda all of my life. I feel robbed of the one silly joke I always make when eating Gouda and mushroom burgers... "Its very, very Gouda!"
It's actually pronounced something that sounds like "howda," with the addition of the phlem-making sound at the beginning. I guess I could say, "Howda ya like your burger?" It just doesn't have the same ring to it though.
Am I the only one or just the last to know?
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (31)
- representation of Joe
- Free Diet Dr. Pepper
- Catherine found the steps
- Godly Christian Panties
- Psalm 62:1-2
- I think I have INTGOOTFH Syndrome!
- Cornett Family Reunion 2010
- What a beautiful prayer!
- "The Freedom of Choice Act" tops Obama's To-Do Lis...
- water colors
- Catherine has a little tooth... and she is crawlin...
- What is it with 2-year-olds and photos?
- From Grandma's camera
- I've called in reinforcements.
- not feeling very Gouda 'bout this...
- a soft place to fall
- 5 hours of pure bliss!
- cooking up somethin'
- Free and DELICIOUS meat
- Days of the Week
- the kids
- Where is Baby's Mommy?
- Let brotherly love continue. Hebrews 13:1
- I love a good deal.
- What's This All About?
- Dear Lord, Please bail us out of here soon!
- Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa
- I've got the New Year Blues (in a sing-song voice!...
- ▼ January (29)