I found this on another blog and thought it was too good not to pass along.
How should a Christian mother view children?
1. As a gift and miracle from God and not as drudgery.
2. She has been entrusted by God to care for them for their time on earth.
3. She delights in them and is thankful for them, even on hard days.
4. She is protective, never bad-mouthing her children to others or slandering them.
5. She understands that they are the next generation entrusted with the Gospel.
6. She knows their souls are precious to God and He knows the number of every hair on their head.
7. She knows she is accountable to God for how she raises them so she faithfully sacrifices her love, her patience and her life for them.
8. She understands that even as they are in a state of infancy now that this precious season is quickly fleeting and in a blink of an eye they will grow up---so she savors the moment.
9. She welcomes the number of children the Lord gives her and treasures each one in her heart because she knows the He has a purpose for each and every single one--- even if the world doesn't see it that way. She rejects the lie that children are a burden.
10. She understands and embraces the future--she knows her job is not done when her children graduate from high school or when they turn eighteen, instead it continues on until she takes her last breath.
11. As she cares for a crying infant or sick child she realizes it is part of God's great plan to mold her into becoming a nurturing mother and into the image of Christ.
12. She acknowledges that she is the best one to take care of them as God has chosen to give them to her. She understands her children in a way that a stranger cannot. She realizes that mothering is her sacred work and is careful not neglect her responsibilities. She is protective over who cares for her children.
13. She recognizes her season with little ones and uses wisdom. She tries to surround herself with like minded women who are going through the same season or have been through it and can encourage and support her.
14. The Christian mother does not rely Oprah, Dr. Phil or the latest trends in parenting magazines for wisdom but instead searches God's Word to help her raise her family because it is the source of all truth.
15. She clearly understands that her and her husband are an undivided team when it comes to parenting their children and respectfully allows him to lead the home. She knows that if she is dominating, controlling or manipulating she would destroy her home so she purposefully learns to trust God on matters of submission.
16. She wisely spends her time in prayer---for herself to be a godly mother, for her husband to be a godly father and for children's salvation and their futures. She knows her time in prayer is never wasted time.
17. The Christian mother seeks to educate her children about the Lord so she wisely invests her days teaching them all she knows about Him and His Word.
18. When her season of raising her children has passed, she looks forward to investing her time and love into her grandchildren as they arrive. She doesn't try to move far away to 'begin living her life' but instead she considers them a blessing and her love for them evident. She considers it an honor to take part in their lives. She is loyal encourager and faithfully supports her children in raising her grandchildren.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (31)
- My Joe...
- A 12-year-old speaks out on abortion
- Florida: Mommy & Thomas
- TWBA: Surveys says...
- J & J Organic Berry Farm
- Two little babies jumping on the... no falling off...
- Yay for Sies, Nacho for Ocho
- The politician wave and puddle-jumping at Oakland'...
- importance of enunciation
- Favorite niece apparel
- TWBA: Free time
- July 2009 pics of the kids
- Family Rules
- How should a Christian mother view her children?
- Katrina is my favorite niece!
- TWPA: A picture of freedom
- Our 4th!
- I'm having a "Why didn't I think of that?" moment....
- early morning dip
- Plan B- I forgot MDO was out for the 4th!
- The next Ethopian baby boy for adoption will be th...
- Catherine floating- ISR
- TWPA: Pictures that tell something about me
- ▼ July (24)