This weeks assignment at The Dressing Room is to write about the perfect summer day.
My idea of a perfect summer day would start off with breakfast on my back patio with Joe, early, before the kids wake up. We would have Strawberry & Apple Chimichangas with warm maple syrup.
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 Tbs. raw peanut butter
3-4 sliced strawberries
1/3 apple peeled and diced
pumpkin pie spice
Lay tortilla out and place fruit in the center. Sprinkle sugar and pumpkin pie spice over the fruit and gently toss to coat. Spread peanut butter around the outter edge and fold up into a square. Lightly butter the outside andfry over med. heat in a skillet for 5 minutes per side. Serve with warm maple syrup.
I would also have an espresso with cremina (whipped early espresso and sugar)or a good black cup of coffee.
Just as we finish breakfast, the babies wake up in wonderful mood and join us outside to have a bit of breakfast and play on the swingset.
The air is a little cool, but the sun is starting to poke through.
We just enjoy each other all day, being with each other and laughing in amazement at how precious and hilarious our babies are!
On the perfect summer day, the kids would nap and the same time and Joe and I would crawl into our clean sheets and get a good, long 2 hour nap. The rest of the day would be spent working on a project around the house while the kids play.
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (31)
- TWA: Favorite Books
- Thomas prays for the people he loves.
- There is NOTHIN' like good help!
- A blank wall is just begging to be decorated. CODE...
- TWBA: Does summer have a downside?
- Our Father's Day & Thomas' sleep-a-thon
- RC & Moonpie Festival
- Martha Stewart does not live here
- Flour Power
- White Chocolate Fruit Tart
- our Judeo-Christian nation
- TWA: Perfect Summer Day
- Bath & Body Works sale and EXTRA 20% off!
- Birth Verse
- AIDS crisis
- pictures of Thomas
- Give me an "A"
- Paying it foward
- Wordless Wednesday
- From crib to toddler bed to sleepless night after ...
- Kid's Castle
- LeConte Trip 2009
- what wishful thinking got me
- brotherly love
- Like Father, Like Mother
- Government Motor (GM) Cars
- Thomas in a suit
- Making music later in life
- ▼ June (28)