I feel like I am in La La Land this morning. It's 6:15 and the babies are still asleep. This, by itself is very unusual, but it gets even crazier.
Yesterday was Father's Day and my mom's birthday! We had a bunch of family- and soon to be family- over for a huge meal.
Little Smokies wrapped in center-cut bacon and baked with brown sugar
Salami & Provolone spirals with whole wheat crackers
Orange & honeydew sailboats (an orange wedge w/ a toothpick topped with a honeydew triangle.
Pineapple soy grilled chicken
Garlic three-cheese toast
Fresh sour cream pound cake with fresh blackberries & raspberries
Fresh whipped cream
Mascarpone brownies with chocolate ganache (this held the birthday candle)
vanilla bean ice cream
Anyways, the kids were delightful! Thomas did insist we re-sing Happy Birthday directly to him with a re-lit candle and all. He had originally thrown himself into the floor when he realized the song had not been for him. I wish I had taken a video of it . The room was filled with hysterial laughing.
So, Thomas missed his normal naptime. He couldn't handle anymore fun when 4 o'clock rolled around and Joe took him upstairs to do the nap routine. He was out in no time.
He slept through dinner, bath, storytime, bedtime, slept, slept and slept until 3 am. I went in his room, put his pajamas on, changed his diaper, read him 3 books while he had a package of peanut butter crackers and some cold juice. He went right back to sleep and is STILL sleeping!
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (31)
- TWA: Favorite Books
- Thomas prays for the people he loves.
- There is NOTHIN' like good help!
- A blank wall is just begging to be decorated. CODE...
- TWBA: Does summer have a downside?
- Our Father's Day & Thomas' sleep-a-thon
- RC & Moonpie Festival
- Martha Stewart does not live here
- Flour Power
- White Chocolate Fruit Tart
- our Judeo-Christian nation
- TWA: Perfect Summer Day
- Bath & Body Works sale and EXTRA 20% off!
- Birth Verse
- AIDS crisis
- pictures of Thomas
- Give me an "A"
- Paying it foward
- Wordless Wednesday
- From crib to toddler bed to sleepless night after ...
- Kid's Castle
- LeConte Trip 2009
- what wishful thinking got me
- brotherly love
- Like Father, Like Mother
- Government Motor (GM) Cars
- Thomas in a suit
- Making music later in life
- ▼ June (28)