Friday, May 8, 2009

Children's Author Judy Blume: Honor your mother with a contribution to biggest destroyer of motherhood


In a fundraising letter to supporters, Planned Parenthood is proudly including a letter from their friend Judy Blume, famous children's author of "Blubber", "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret", "Forever", "Freckle Juice" and the "Fudge Books".

Here is the letter:

From: "Judy Blume for Planned Parenthood"

Date: May 5, 2009 4:51:19 PM PDT

To: xxxxx xxxr

Subject: Are you there Paula? It's me, Judy.

Reply-To: notice-reply-wdk5gi7r97ndjiex@ppaction.org

Paula -- There are very few writers who have helped more young people grow up and grapple with their changing bodies and emotions than Judy Blume, the amazing author of Blubber, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, and Forever. I count myself among her biggest and most grateful fans -- and am so lucky to call her my friend. I'm honored to relay her message about motherhood to you today. -- Cecile


****************************************

A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM JUDY BLUME

Honor a mom with a gift to Planned Parenthood:

(link removed)

****************************************


Dear Paula,

If you are the daughter whose mom had the guts to give you the answers to questions you couldn't quite figure out how to ask...

If you are the son whose mother raised you to love and respect your sisters and wives and daughters...

If you know a mother who is struggling to raise strong, independent, and confident children in the face of unbelievable odds...

...Say thanks. Say thanks this Mother's Day with a gift that honors her courage by making a donation to Planned Parenthood in her name. I guarantee you that she'll be pleased. I know I would be.

I'm a mom, and I'm also a writer and an activist. Nothing has made me prouder than seeing my own children -- and really, all young people -- grow up to be healthy, educated, and in charge of their bodies and their lives. That's where Planned Parenthood comes in. There is no organization that I know of that supports motherhood and all that it means more than Planned Parenthood. That's why I'm honoring moms everywhere with my gift to Planned Parenthood today.

It's not easy to be a mother these days. And right now – with more and more women seeking care from Planned Parenthood health centers -- we need to do all we can to support them. By honoring a mother in your life, you'll be making a gift to millions of mothers and families who seek care from Planned Parenthood. That's a gift any mother will appreciate.

Sincerely,


Judy Blume

on behalf of Planned Parenthood Federation of America


Click HERE for the full story!

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive