Tuesday, November 1, 2011

reflecting

Joe is at work. Thomas is at school. My housekeepers are here and I won't let them in my room or bathroom because it looks like Hurricane Irene has blown through with all of the packing. Catherine is following them closely- wanting to help in her Dora pajamas and the fanciest pair of 4-inch heels I own. Last night, we went trick-or-treating with Kara and her kids. I kept having these moments of realization as I watched her China baby, Drew, mumble some Chinese here and there. Thomas hit every pile of leaves he came across... I mean, um, Captain America. Caki was a princess Captain America. Leave it to her to come up with her own version of what she wants to be. I'm just so proud and humbled to be a mommy. This is not something I take lightly or for granted. This is a gift of the most valuable worth. It has brought out a softness in me that would have never been revealed through any other means. I have been able to understand the love my Heavenly Father has for me through being a mother. And I understand how perfect His love is and how imperfect mine is.

Matthew, my new son... my heart can not contain my love for this child. May it pour out of me so abundantly that he knows he is home, secure, cared for and wanted!

How blessed is God! And what a blessing He is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in Him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. 5Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.
--Ephesians 1:3-6 (The Message)


Long, long ago, before even the world was a gleam in my Father’s eye, he decided to adopt me. He did this “according to His pleasure and will” as the NIV put it. By the time I came along, all pink and wrinkled, He’d already done the paperwork. The legal documents were signed, with one line left for my signature. God loved me so much, that He penned the document to require that I accept adoption into His family, much like our legal system today where an agency or the birth mother must okay the transaction.
I became his child in December of 1986 through Jesus Christ. When I accepted the Savior, I signed on the dotted line. Then, God wrapped me in His arms, took me into His Kingdom, and said “Welcome home.”

Labels

Followers