Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ready to Meet Matthew...

We only have an agenda of showering and eating breakfast before we are off to get Matthew. He is so close by, we leave the hotel at 9:30am to meet him at 10am.

I spent the night praying for him and his other mommies. The one who gave birth to him- does she have any motherly sense of over Matthew's well-being? The foster mother who has raised him for two years and three months, rocked him to sleep, cared for him when he has been sick, fed him,nurtured him- has she too been up all night wondering how to let go of him. From the first time I laid eyes on Matthew, I felt an instant connection to him. He was so vulnerable here in China- I knew that for sure. I wanted to protect him from unkind, staring eyes just as I would want to protect Thomas and Catherine.

God is reassuring me now of His plan for our family and His unwavering faithfulness. The success or failure of this meeting today and the many to come is not resting on my shoulders. There is nothing for me to worry about. I can be confident that the One who called us is faithful. How grateful I am that He is right down here in the hundreds of details. He is here with His grace, power and might. He is the Father to the Fatherless, through us. Today.


Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

Father God, thank you for Matthew's life that you made wonderfully and fearfully. Thank You for the provisions you have made so that he can be part of our family! Lord, You are too good to us! We are totally unworthy and yet You choose to be in such a deep relationship with us... close enough to feel Your love for Matthew that our hearts are changed in a way that sends us on a wild and an adventure half way around the world to make him ours. A love so deep can only be from you... and it is so deeply part of who we are- the Scott family, with Matthew, that I can't imagine loving him any more or I would burst. Thank you Lord for choosing me to be his mommy. On this day that he is placed in my arms and in my care, I give him to You Lord. May he know you and feel the love you have over his young life.

Labels

Followers