Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bucket List

100 THINGS I WANT TO DO
(Things I've done are in BOLD)

1. Start a blog
2. Visit Hawaii
3. See the Harlem Gospel Choir perform
4. Do mission work in Africa
5. Go to Disney World
6. Tour Italy with Joe
7. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
8. Learn a second language
9. Grow my own vegetables & herbs
10. Sleep in an overnight train
11. Pet a kangaroo

12. Run a marathon
13. Ride a gondola in Venice
14. See a total eclipse
15. Piece a quilt
16. Organize my family reunions
17. See an Amish community

18. Serve in a soup kitchen
19. Donate blood
20. Visit a Nazi Concentration Camp
21. See the Changing of the Guard in London
22. Have a motorcycle license and know how to ride
23. See the Grand Canyon
24. Visited the Vatican
25. Own a brand new car

26. Visit the Holy Land
27. Read the entire Bible
28. Visit the White House
29. Sit on a jury
30. Join a book club
31. Have a baby
32. Float in the Dead Sea

33. Travel to Europe with my children and husband
34. Have a good relationship with my youngest sister
35. Be baptized in the Jordan River
36. Learn to play guitar
37. Do medical missions with Joe
38. Give away something of great worth
40. Own a SLR camera
41. Swim with a dolphin
42. Watch the launch of the space shuttle
43. Tell someone the story of my life, sparing no details
44. Be a member of the audience in a TV show
45. Ride a camel into the desert
46. Fall deeply in love -- helplessly and unconditionally
47. Ride the Trans-Siberian Express across Asia
48. Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich
49. Be someone's mentor
50. Shower in a waterfall
51. Teach someone illiterate to read
52. Be a grandparent
53. Lead someone to Christ
54. Get passionate about a cause and spend time helping it, instead of just thinking about it
55. Sing a great song in front of an audience
56. Crea
te a will
57. Spend a whole day reading a great novel
58. Forgive my parents
59. Spend Christmas on a beach

60. Have my custom-built home
61. Own our home- no mortgage.
62. Look into my children's eyes, see myself, and smile
63. Get a college degree

64. Live to see my great-grandchildren
65. Learn to make sushi
66. Write a song

67. Get Lasik
68. Go to my high school reunion
69. See an active volcano

70. Snow ski
71. Shop at Harrods
72. Be pulled behind a boat on a big giant inner tube, really fast

73. See Ireland with Joe
74. See Germany with Joe
75. Take an Alaskan cruise
76. Visit Australia & New Zealand
76. Visit Central Park
77. Milk a cow
78. Learn to cook authentic Italian cuisine
79. Totally fill up a passport book with stamped pages
80. Have one lifelong friend and confidant

81. Have dinner parties for my neighbors, friends, and family
82. Make my own set of pottery dishes

83. Own a saltwater swimming pool
84. Learn how to pair wine with food
85. Live beneath my means
86. Master the grill

87. Visit Napa Valley
88. Own a dog
89. Try head cheese with some really good French bread and spicy mustard
90. Have a perfectly cooked Kobe beef steak
91. Eat caviar out of a live sea urchin
92. Take a candlelight bath with Joe
93. Take a cross country road trip
94. See Tori Amos in concert

95. Ride a horse
96. Influence someone NOT to get a diamond engagement ring
97. Sponsor a child
98. Host a baby shower

99. Totally organize my whole house
100. Learn to take good photographs

Labels

Followers