Thursday, March 5, 2009

My wedding registry



We are entering the time of year when couples head to the alter. My youngest sister, Julie, is getting married in June. My middle sister, Amy, will be engaged antime. I want to find the perfect gift and had a lot of fun reminiscing about Joe and I registering for gifts. I decied to compile a list of my favorite gifts to give (and recieve.)

Really nice cookware.
They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Joe's can definately be reached that way.As a lover of anything that has to do with food... eating, cooking, buying, studying, etc... this would be on the top of my list!



Simple, classic flatware:
Who registers for silver these days? What you need is two sets of a simple, classic pattern. These are the ones I have. I bought two sets for my mom last Christmas and she LOVES THEM!!



A personalized welcome mat:
My cousin, Chay, gave us one for a wedding gift and it has been great. It makes our entryway feel more inviting and has the added touch of showing off your new last name!



A birdhouse:
This may seem a little out of place, but I think that birdhouses make great gifts. One of my favorite memories from the first few months Joe and I were married were watching the birds at the feeder and in the birdhouse. There is just something really sweet about waking up in the morning with my husband, sitting at the kitchen table, sipping my coffee and watching the birds.



Very nice bed linens... sheets especially!
We all love nice sheets, don't we? Register for at least 2 sets! (and make sure they are 400 thread count or higher and that you don't have to wash them in cold water.)


Personalized stationary:
This is just fun and so personal! It is definately one of my favorite gifts to give and receive!



Big, soft bath sheets:
You won't regret it! Big soft towels are so nice to own. I would recommend getting all one color- even if you have several bathrooms. It just makes like easier when you have children a few years later.



For Couples Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
You can't put a price on knowledge. This author is amazing! I'm not giving any details about the book. Go get it for yourself!!

Since a book really isn't much of a weddding gift, throw in something fun like these book ends.

Labels

Followers

Blog Archive