Thursday, September 3, 2009

Romans kick-off


Where to start... I'm so full of excitement. Last night kicked off the study of Romans with the Woman's Ministry at our church. I'm beyond excited! I love my new group of women that I can develop new relationships with, serve, edify, encourage...

God, why are you so good to me? You don't have to be, YOU ARE GOD! I just have to give HIM the GLORY for opening my eyes to new things, new mercies this morning!!

So, last night, we studied the introduction in Paul's letter to the Romans. You can read some background here. Feeling somewhat guilty for doing something for myself after nearly three long, wonderful years of baby-raising, I really needed this:

When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.
Romans 1:12 (NLT)


What an awesome reminder that God's word, ALIVE and ACTIVE, is so encouraging for us as believers, to assemble, encourage each other and to be encouraged! WOW!! It seems so simple, but I needed that! But it gets even better!

For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NLT)


So how amazing is this? I love being reminded that it is ONLY my belief in the Gospel that saves me! It is Christ IN ME that is my righteousness! It is the power of God that saves and has NOTHING to do with us.


This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.
Romans 1:17 (NLT)


We were given the example of a garden hose representing faith.

When we get a kink in our faith and doubt His power and love for us, we aren't going to see the magnificent things he wants to do with and through us!



When we place our faith in Christ, we see his blessings flow!!

Labels

Followers